Certified Inspector Performing Residential & Commercial Inspections in Carlsbad, CA
Owned and operated by a licensed engineer with more than 30 years of experience in residential and commercial building construction, Home & Commercial Inspections By Nelson Engineering provides comprehensive home inspection services in Carlsbad, California. Utilizing our extensive expertise and state-of-the-art tools, such as thermal imaging cameras, moisture meters, electrical circuit testers and infrared temperature sensors, I can provide an accurate and comprehensive assessment of the condition of the property you are thinking about buying.
Trustworthy Home Inspections
During a thorough walk-through, a certified home inspector will inspect all visible aspects of the building, including the:
- Roofing – Roof coverings, gutters, downspouts, vents, flashing, skylights and chimneys
- Insulation and ventilation – Attic, crawlspaces, foundation areas and exhaust system
- Exterior – Siding, windows, exterior doors, flashing, trim, walkways, driveways, garage doors, patios, decks and drainage systems
- Foundation and structure – Movement, cracks, structural issues and water penetration
- Heating and cooling system – Thermostat, energy source and heating or cooling method
- Electrical system – Service drop, overhead service conductors, service head and mast, main service disconnect, panelboards, grounding, switches, light fixtures, receptacles, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Plumbing – Main water and fuel supply shut-off valves, water heater, interior water supply, toilets, sinks, tubs, showers, drains, waste systems and vent systems
- Interior – Doors, windows, floors, walls, ceilings, stairs and railings
We adhere to the standards of practice for home inspectors established by InterNACHI, the leading home inspection association. Within 24 hours of the inspection, I will send an email with a link to an interactive report that fully documents the results and highlights any issues I discovered.
Reliable Commercial Inspections
When performing a commercial inspection, our goal is to evaluate the property from an investor’s perspective with an eye toward its overall condition. In addition to defects, I will identify issues that could affect the cost of operating the building, restrict its usage or require costly upgrades to comply with applicable building codes if the property is improved.
Contact Home & Commercial Inspections By Nelson Engineering today to schedule a personalized home inspection in Carlsbad, CA. With us, you will receive much more than a property assessment—you will also gain peace of mind about a significant investment opportunity.